Fiat Doblo Cargo test Review: Mark Bursa
Fiat Doblo Cargo 1.6 SX
What is it?
ALL-NEW second generation version of Fiat’s mid-sized panel van, slotting into the range between Fiorino and Scudo. It’s based on the Grande Punto platform, guaranteeing good drivability, while a more stylish body is roomier than the outgoing Doblo.
- Styling is a major improvement on the old Doblo…
- …with a more rounded body with a very distinctive, bold face
- Interior finish is excellent, with high-quality plastics and materials…
- …plus good ergonomics, with lots of useful pockets and storage bins…
- …even under the passenger seat cushion
- There’s a choice of wheelbases with new Maxi LWB versions
- Loadspace is square and will take two Europallets…
- …cargo area well equipped, with flush lighting and plastic floor protector
- Cargo floor is very low, to minimise back strain when loading up
- Solid on the road, thanks to new bi-link independent rear suspension
- This can be fine-tuned to suit the sort of loads you carry
- Payload of 750kg is class-leading; loadspace up with sector best
- Big rear door handles allow one-finger access and 180 degree opening
- High-roof version is an option only on SWB Doblo Cargo…
- …LWB Maxi is low-roof only…
- …otherwise Fiat fears Doblo will take sales from larger Scudo
- Despite all the pockets and bins, there’s no mobile phone pocket
What you need to Know
|P11D Value:||£12,895 ex-VAT|
|Monthly Rental: *||£245 + VAT|
|What will it be worth: **||£n/a|
|Loadspace Volume:||3.4cu m|
|Basic Loadspace Dimensions:||1,8200mm long x 1,714mm wide x 1,305mm high|
|Engine:||1.6 16v MultiJet turbo diesel, 6spd gearbox|
*Monthly contract hire rentals generated by Concept Vehicle Leasing. Based on a 36 month lease at 10,000 miles a year, 3+35 payments.
** Trade value of van if purchased after three years and 60,000 miles.
(Powered by Deltapoint)
Business Van Manager Road Test Rating
A lot of thought has gone into this van. The attention to detail is remarkable – it’s very hard to find faults. It looks much better than the old Doblo, and has been improved in almost every department – payload, loadspace, drivability, comfort and fuel economy. New 1.6-litre diesel is excellent, too, and stop & start system helps boost fuel economy to 54.3mpg, and CO2 to 136g/km. In a very competitive sector of the van market, Fiat Doblo Cargo is right up there with the best.